DVLA Contact Number | 0843 850 0674

DVLA Contact Number | 0843 850 0674

Call connection service. Calls charged at 7p per minute, plus your network access charges.

How Do I Contact the DVLA?

The best way to get in contact with the DVLA if you live in the UK is to call them directly at 0843 850 0674. Lines are open from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 1 pm and 2 pm to 7 pm. Saturdays, 8 am to 2 pm.
If you live outside of the UK, use this number instead:
Alternatively, you can also use their webchat service or email them via their official government site (https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/y).
All of the DVLA’s departments are located in Swansea yet your specific needs may only be covered by one or two departments, which have various addresses. Be sure that you’re contacting the correct address for your needs.
All of their departments have the same opening times (Mon-Fri 8 am-7 pm, Sat 8 am-2 pm) except for the Driving and Medical Issues department which is open Mon-Fri 8 am-5:30 pm, Sat 8 am-1 pm.

dvla-contact-phone-numberVehicle Registrations and Logbooks (V5C)

You can contact the DVLA if you wish to find information about a registered vehicle. This includes vehicle tax – the current rate and when it expires, SORN status, when its MOT expires, the date it was first registered, last logbook (V5C) issue date, year of manufacture, type approval category, weight, engine size, fuel type and its’ emissions.
To gather information, you can call the DVLA offices directly.
Request information about the current or previous registered keeper of a vehicle, you’ll have to write to the head offices too.
To search for a licence plate, or buy a personalised license plate, use the link below:

Checking MOT and Tax

The UK government have a service named “askMID” that checks whether or not a vehicle is insured and/or has up-to-date vehicle tax. All you need to do is simply put in your vehicle registration. The askMID site is linked here: https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
To tax your vehicle, you must go to this link (https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax) and follow the steps provided. But before you can do this, you will need a reference number from either one of these three things:
Either recent reminder (V11) or ‘last chance’ warning letter from DVLA, your vehicle log book (V5C(it must be in your name)), or the green ‘new keeper’ slip from a log book if you’ve just purchased the vehicle.

SORN-ing Your Vehicle

SORN stands for “Statutory Off Road Notification”, and is used to declare that a certain vehicle is off the road, and is being stored in a garage or in a showroom.
SORN-ing a car is a simple process. You can either choose to declare SORN with immediate effect, meaning that by the end of that day, your car will no longer be eligible to drive on the road; or you can choose to declare SORN, but it won’t come into effect until the first day of the next month.

For immediate SORN: Use the 11-digit number on your vehicle logbook (V5C) to take the vehicle off the road immediately.

For delayed SORN: Use the 16-digit number on your vehicle tax reminder letter (V11) to take the vehicle off the road from the first day of next month. You can only use this number once.
If, however, the vehicle is not registered in your name you’ll have to tell DVLA it’s off the road by post.
To declare SORN, phone 0843 850 0674. This is a 24 hour service.

You can also declare SORN online at this web address: https://sorn.service.gov.uk/
Applications forms (V890) can also be sent to the DVLA in the post to this address: DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AR.
If you need anymore help, here’s a short video on it:

Blue Badge Applications

Applying or re-applying for a blue badge is also a fairly simple process.
You can apply for yourself, someone else or an organisation. A Blue Badge costs up to £10 in England and £20 in Scotland. It’s free in Wales. They usually last up to 3 years.
In terms of the ID, you’ll need to apply, the requirements are:
Proof of identity (such as a birth certificate, passport or driving licence), Proof of address (such as a Council Tax bill or government letter), Proof of benefits (if you get any). Finally, your National Insurance number (if you have one).
If you’re re-applying, you’ll need the details of your current Blue Badge.

You also need to make sure you re-apply before your current blue badge expires.
Here’s the link to apply: https://apply-blue-badge.service.gov.uk/applicant
If you live in Northern Ireland, there’s a different application process. Here’s the link to that one: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/information-and-services/motoring-and-transport/blue-badge-scheme

DVLA Complaints Department

You must first contact the specific department that you’ve been dealing with. To deal with your concerns you’ll need to give:
Your full name and address, your date of birth, your driver number (for complaints about your driving licence), your vehicle registration number, including the make and model of the vehicle (for complaints about vehicle licensing, registration or enforcement), and any reference number we’ve provided on previous correspondence
If you’ve spoken to the department but your issue has not been resolved, you’ll need to contact their complaints team directly.

Alternatively, you can write to them at Complaints Team, DVLA, Swansea, SA6 7JL.